We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your PI, which is why we maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards over all PI that is in our control.
This policy embodies the Australian Privacy Principles as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) which govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your PI. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles can be obtained from the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
What is Personal Information?
PI is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about a specific individual or entity whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information.
Why do we collect Personal Information?
We collect your PI for the primary purpose of providing our services to you. We may also use your PI for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
What Personal Information do we collect and how do we collect it?
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is required to facilitate our service to you. For example, upon Registering for an Allotz system account, we may collect details such as your name/company name, mailing address, telephone and facsimile numbers and email address.
Unless you tell us otherwise, we will assume you consent to same when it is provided to us by you.
We obtain PI in many ways including correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, from third parties and through the Allotz System. Examples of how we collect your PI include:-
- Registering on the Allotz System – We collect PI on Registration for an Allotz System Account.
- Entering data onto the Allotz System – PI is also collected when entered into an Allotz System account.
- Our electronic newsletter – We collect PI from persons who subscribe to receive our electronic newsletter and promotions etc, through the subscription facility on the Site or by opting for same during Registration.
- Promotions, competitions and surveys – From time to time we may offer the opportunity to participate in a promotion, competition or survey. These activities will require us to collect PI in order for persons to enter or participate.
- Contacting us – We collect PI whenever an enquiry, request for assistance or suggestion is made.
How do we use Personal Information?
Allotz.com uses your collected PI to provide you with our services and to assist in improving the services. We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, or for any related or ancillary purposes; including the following:-
- to establish and maintain proper business records;
- regulatory reporting and compliance;
- identification of fraud or error;
- updating and development of our services to you;
- Statistical analysis;
- internal accounting and administration;
- marketing our services; and
Personal Information and third parties
In some circumstances we may be provided Name and Contact Information of Bookers by third parties such as Online Travel Agents as part of the service provided to accommodation providers. We do not disclose PI to any third party, except in the following circumstances:
- as permitted or required by law;
- regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies; and
- our related entities and our third party service providers, including but not limited to our financial advisors, accountants and legal advisors.
- Forwarding Reservation details to Properties for which reservations have been made
All PI made available to these authorised third parties is done so in accordance with the Policy.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail or posted information on promotions, services or market research, please let us know by:
- contacting our Privacy Officer at the Head Office address detailed on our web site;
- following the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of our electronic publications.
Your PI will then be removed from the mailing list for that particular publication only.
While this information is collected to enhance our service to you, no other use is or can be made of the information contained in cookies.
Our site may contain links to other companies’ sites. The information and privacy provided on these sites is in no way subject to this policy. We take no responsibility for any privacy policies or practices of any web sites accessible from our Site, whether or not such practices conform to privacy policies of those sites.
Allotz.com has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards over PI in our control from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
We regularly review our current electronic security and encryption technologies to ensure we are protecting your PI to the fullest extent possible online.
Trans-Border data flows
In providing our services to you it may be necessary for us to forward PI to relevant overseas third party providers. Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any objections to such transfers.
Ownership, Control and Accuracy
At all times, you remain the owner of your PI and we believe that you should have control over the collection and use of it. Further, it is an important part of providing our services to you that your PI is accurate and kept up to date, therefore it is important that you advise us of any changes to your PI so that our records can be updated.
If at any time you wish to enquire about your PI, please send a request to our Privacy Officer at the address detailed below. If you are already a customer of the Allotz System, you can easily view and update your details by simply logging onto the Allotz System and clicking on the “Setup” icon.
Ownership and Destruction
When your PI is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
This Policy may change from time to time.